[LRUG] Looking to meet...

Chris Parsons chris.p at rsons.org
Wed Sep 14 07:07:09 PDT 2011

On 14 Sep 2011, at 13:01, Michael Pavling wrote:

> On 13 September 2011 21:07, Ben Griffiths <bengriffiths at gmail.com> wrote:
>> nor do I have an 'exciting' opportunity for you.
>>
>> come on an adventure that will
>> involve ... lots of drudgery in .. on a lower-than-market
>> salary with no perks.
>>
>> My current preference is for sharp, junior devs who are looking for a
>> start-up adventure - but all welcome.
>
> Is this for real? Or a spoof? I can't tell?!
> Honestly.
>
> Is this *really* a pitch for "make me money for nothing in return"?

Yes, he is being subtly ironic :)

Ben's a great guy to work with. These days I tend to go for jobs which involve a great team rather than a great startup idea or great technology. You'd do a lot worse that to work with him: not particularly for any sort of equity (which IMO is too much of a risk to bother substituting real money for almost all the time), but to learn a thing or two about programming.

Chris

--
Chris Parsons
chris.p at rsons.org