[LRUG] [ANN] Kanogo.com: a little app for website product owners

Chris Parsons chris.p at rsons.org
Thu Sep 8 00:46:52 PDT 2011

Hey all,

I know many of those on the list are building website products, so hopefully this is useful for you :) I spent yesterday putting together a little Rails 3.1 product you might like called Kanogo.

The blurb: if we're building a startup in the "lean" fashion, we often spend far too long wondering which new feature to work on next. We're always on a limited budget and want to include the features our users most want. The idea is: instead of trying to guess what our users would most benefit from, how about we ask them?

Kanogo generates unobtrusive survey boxes on your website that tell you how your users feel, without getting in the way. They might tell you how your users would feel about potential new features, or perhaps give insight into why certain users aren't converting into paying customers.

So I spent just under 10 hours building this (24 hours elapsed: that's a story in itself :) and it's currently in private beta. It's very rough around the edges: please come and help improve it!

Check it out on http://kanogo.com and follow @kanogoapp on twitter for updates.

Thanks guys!
Chris

--