[LRUG] [JOB] Mixlr is hiring.

Rob Watson rfwatson at gmail.com
Thu Sep 15 07:18:46 PDT 2011

Hello LRUG,

I've been following the "working for startups" thread over the last few days
- so I'm dipping my toes into the argument with a little trepidation...

At Mixlr, we're currently looking to meet highly skilled developers.

Mixlr is a platform for broadcasting and listening to live audio. We
launched less than a year ago, have a large and fast-growing user base, and
an interesting and scaleable backend architecture which involves not only
Ruby but lashings of Java, C and C++, with heavy usage of Redis and MongoDB.

We practice test-driven development, use Puppet to automate our server
configurations and live by the mantra of rapid deployment: join us, and you
can expect to see your code being put through its paces by thousands of
users - within hours (or quite possibly, minutes).

We would love to meet developers with:

* deep web development knowledge - most likely involving Ruby on Rails.
* a strongly test-driven approach to coding.
* a love for learning new skills and technologies, and the enthusiasm to
break out of Ruby and try their hand at unfamiliar languages and frameworks.
* a driving passion not just for coding, but for audio, music and startups
as well.

For the right person(s), we are able to offer:

* A competitive, full-time salary - negotiable dependant on experience.
* Meaningful stock options.
* Offices a stone's throw from Old Street tube.
* The opportunity to take a leading, hands-on role in building an exciting
and ambitious music company.

If the above interests you, or you'd like to discuss anything further, then
we'd love to hear to talk. Please get in touch off- or on-list, as you feel
is most appropriate.

cheers

Rob

---