[LRUG] Ru3y Manor diversity

Matthew Rudy Jacobs matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 13:29:57 PDT 2011

On 19 September 2011 21:14, rob <rob.02004 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Just told my partner about this thread. She's a programmer too.
>
> She said "a anti-harassment policy makes it sound like you're had trouble
> with this before, and makes me hesitant to go there. But that's just me,
> other women might think differently."

I do think it's strange to focus on such things, when they've never been a
problem.
Maybe its a good to think about them before the problem occurs, but....

Ruby Manor is all about Community.

An event that hands its organisation over to the community,
(to all members of that community who choose to get involved)
is already in a much better place than an O'reilly conference.

Let's focus our efforts on putting together a great set of talks,
and trust ourselves to offer to proper respect to each other.