[LRUG] Load testing Rails apps

Tim Harding tim.harding at gmail.com
Wed Sep 21 03:22:05 PDT 2011

Hi Alan,

I reckon the answer to question 1 depends on the answer to the question:
Does your application require Javascript to work properly?

If you can cover your happy/sad paths without needing Javascript, i.e., you
have used JS to enhance standard forms rather than to replace them, you're
going to be able to exercise your server side functionality and generate
load.

Perhaps if you're doing things like Javascript incremental search you'd want
to simulate that in your tests somehow by just sending through requests,
character at a time, to the endpoint that the Javascript would usually get
from?

-Tim