[LRUG] Using statistical tables with Rails

Gerhard Lazu gerhard at lazu.co.uk
Fri Sep 23 04:00:29 PDT 2011

Hi Neil,

MongoDB works well for timeseries data (your use case feels like it). Your
aggregate re-builds can be map reduce jobs. Having some pre-defined
aggregate collections for most common queries will help *a lot*.

This might help with ideas:
http://www.slideshare.net/sky_jackson/time-series-data-storage-in-mongodb

If you want redis, try https://github.com/antirez/redis-timeseries.

Worth a look if you're considering MySQL + redis: http://vimeo.com/26626837