[LRUG] Rails 3 not logging HTTPS requests

javier ramirez jramirez at aspgems.com
Wed Apr 4 08:10:42 PDT 2012

Hi,

> but I am wondering if you have encountered a similar issue. In the
> staging server I can see the logs for the HTTP requests but any page
> using HTTPS does not trigger any logging. So I have one
> controller#action rendering the 404 page and I do not know the cause.
> exception_notification does not work either with HTTPS. Quite strange.

Are the request actually reaching your rails stack? If SSL is not
properly configured in your apache/nginx, then you might be getting the
404 directly from the webserver; hence the lack of references in the
rails logger.

javier ramírez

..i do ruby on rails development in madrid, spain, at
http://www.aspgems.com

javier ramirez's home page (http://javier-ramirez.com)
<http://javier-ramirez.com>
javier ramirez's blog (http://formatinternet.com)