[LRUG] [JOBS] Apps for Good is hiring a Lead Dev

Iris Lapinski iris.lapinski at cdieurope.eu
Wed Apr 18 07:36:29 PDT 2012

All,

Just a brief note to say that we're hiring a Lead Developer to join the
core Apps for Good team.
In a nutshell: we are looking for an experienced back-end & front-end
developer with Ruby-on-Rails skills who is keen to have a big social impact.

Some background: Apps for Good is an award-winning and exponentially
growing education programme where young people in schools learn to create
apps that solve problems they care about and change their world. We are
supported by hundreds of leading-edge technology entrepreneurs, UX
designers and developers as expert volunteers and tech industry partners
like Facebook, Dell, Thomson Reuters, RIM, Ogilvy and O2. Teachers trained
by the Apps for Good team deliver a 50-70 hour software product development
course to students aged 12-18 years. We currently operate in 40 UK schools
training 1,300 students but are aiming for 10,000 students by the 2012/2013
school year and a global movement from 2013 onwards.

You can see the full job spec here: http://bit.ly/smZRLD

We will be pitching also at the SkillsMatter Find Your Ninja Project event
next Monday 23rd April, so if you are interested in the job, it would be a
great way to meet face-to-face.
http://skillsmatter.com/podcast/agile-testing/apps-for-good
Alternatively, ping me via email or Twitter @irislapinski

Thanks!
Iris

Iris Lapinski
CEO
CDI Europe - Apps for Good

iris.lapinski at cdieurope.eu
T: +44 2081506908
M: +44 7855681992
W: appsforgood.org
 <http://www.appsforgood.org>
Follow us: LinkedIn <http://linkd.in/appsforgood-linkedin> /
Twitter<http://twitter.com/#%21/appsforgoodcdi>
 / Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/appsforgood>

 ***Want to become an Apps for Good school partner for 2012/3? Fill in
our expression
of interest form <http://appsforgood.org/course/partner-interest-form/> to
find out more and apply before 30th April 2012.*
*
*Apps for Good is the award-winning programme by CDI Europe where young
people learn to create apps that change their world.* *Registered in
England and Wales Co. Reg. No. 6560779; UK Registered Charity No. 1133656