[LRUG] [JOBS] Freelance RoR developer for a little venture with big legs

Amiweb info at amiwebpartners.com
Mon Apr 23 01:34:04 PDT 2012

Hi everyone,

I'm not sure how project opportunities are taken on this list, so I'll take a risk and prepare to get flamed!

My company is called Amiweb. It has two products, but their details are under wraps at the moment.

I'm looking for a RoR developer to help me build a content curation product which will publish a bunch of stories as a "newspaper" to tablets + mobiles (responsive design) - and also to print. We're not a consumer startup - this is a no-hype and enterprise-focused thing. We're working with folks from newspaperclub.com and more.

Besides the obvious stuff, around building a solid web app - there's super-interesting work around building an image placement algorithm (to place pictures "interestingly" next to stories in a newspaper) + other bits and pieces.

If you're interested in learning more about this (freelance, part-time, home-based) proj - please drop me an email - I'd be pleased to meet you in London for an informal chat.

We can't afford massive day rates, but anyone we like will stay with us long-term through what we hope - is an epic journey. Please have the long-term thing in mind - we need reliable people who can get under the skin of things and see it through.

thanks
Amit
info at amiwebpartners.com
http://amiwebpartners.com