[LRUG] Proffer and introducing constraints to Rails

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Mon Apr 2 03:42:32 PDT 2012

On 2 Apr 2012, at 12:20, Viktor Tron wrote:
> I don't know who came up with this pattern in rails in the first place, it violates everything you ever wanted objects and instance variables to mean.

True, but you have to admit it's tremendously convenient ;)

I know it's heretical to say so but I like being able to access instance variables as if by magic in my views.  I came to Rails from J2EE / JSP / servlets where accessing controller data in views was outstandingly tedious.  I know Rails' approach violates encapsulation and so on...but I like it.

Cheers,

Andy Stewart
----
http://airbladesoftware.com