[LRUG] Proffer and introducing constraints to Rails

Andrew Stewart boss at airbladesoftware.com
Tue Apr 3 00:19:31 PDT 2012

On 3 Apr 2012, at 01:48, Graham Ashton wrote:
> What has convenience got to do with it? Global variables are convenient, why not use them?

Everybody has a million things to do so you have to choose your battles.  I'd rather spend my time on the domain model and business logic than typing out extra code to transfer state to the view purely.  The instance variable approach is impure but I don't mind because it doesn't cause me any problems.

Cheers,
Andy Stewart