[LRUG] [JOBS] Senior Developer at Nature Publishing Group

Paul Mucur mudge at mudge.name
Sun Aug 5 08:39:10 PDT 2012

Good afternoon all,

Some of you may know me as an LRUG regular or perhaps saw my
presentation about Puppet last year [0] but I've recently been made
Technical Lead of my team at the Nature Publishing Group and am now
looking for someone to fill my old role as Senior Developer.

If you haven't heard of the company, we're an international publisher
of academic journals across the sciences and are probably most famous
for the multidisciplinary journal Nature [1] which we've published
since 1869 and, more recently, Scientific American which has been
published since 1845.

The team you'd be joining is currently made up of 9 developers
(including the winner of this year's Battleship competition [2]) and
myself and is responsible for Rails web applications such as Nature
Jobs [3], Nature Events [4] and Protocol Exchange [5] as well as some
(as yet) unpublicised projects attempting to make use of the 143 years
of articles we have internally.

You can read more and apply on either the official job posting at
http://jobs.macmillan.com/VacancyDetail.aspx?VacancyUID=000000002713
or via LinkedIn at
http://www.linkedin.com/jobs?trk=job_capjs&jobId=3500534&viewJob=

I'll be at LRUG as per usual next week where I'll announce this again
and you can talk to me in person.

-- Paul

[0]: http://mudge.github.com/2011/08/11/managing-web-application-servers-with-puppet.html
[1]: http://www.nature.com/nature/index.html