[LRUG] UK companies accepting dollar payments

Mooktakim Ahmed mooktakim at fluxter.co.uk
Fri Aug 17 11:01:49 PDT 2012

Hi,

Currently work on a product that accepts payments.
We have calculated that our biggest customer base would be Americans.
So we have decided to tailor our product (language and price) for the
Americans. Sad times.
We imagine that customers from UK are alright with paying dollars, but
americans don't like to pay in pounds. (do you agree?)

I would like to know how people have dealt with this issue:
- are you taking payment in dollars?
- or are you converting the amount to pound equivalent in last moment and
taking that payment?

Are there any issues accepting dollars with UK payment providers? (ie:
worldpay)

Regards,
Mooktakim Ahmed