[LRUG] January will be quizzy

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Dec 17 12:41:27 PST 2012

Hey all,

Some more details about the Pub Quiz meeting we'll be having in January.
 It'll be on the 14th January in the Skills Matter office.

There will be a range of soft and alcoholic drinks provided by sponsorship
from Go Free Range, AdRoc, and Unboxed Consulting.  We'll have a 5 round
quiz for teams of four people.  You can obviously arrange teams beforehand,
but don't worry about it, it should be pretty easy to group together on the
night.  The winning teams can choose from prizes supplied by Railscasts
(annual subscriptions to railscasts pro), O'Reilly (books and ebook
download vouchers), and Avdi Grimm ($25 vouchers for his store).

I've not written it up on lrug.org yet as I'm waiting to finalise some
other details (times, registration url, etc...), but the basic details so
far are available on Lanyrd: http://lanyrd.com/2013/lrug/, including a
section on the quiz itself: http://lanyrd.com/2013/lrug/scbqcw/.

I've approached some other people about prizes so there may yet be more
swag.  While I think we've got the makings of a good evening already, if
you still wanted to sponsor (either prizes or drinks) then there's still
room, so please do get in touch!

Cheers,

Murray