[LRUG] Freelancer holiday cover partnership

luke saunders luke.saunders at gmail.com
Thu Feb 16 03:18:58 PST 2012

Previously I have always worked for big clients with several developers, or
very small ones who didn't care so this problem has never arisen. However
my current project is big enough that it'll need constant support but too
small to warrant several developers and I have been wondering what should
happen when I go away.

I thought about getting another developer to know the system but it would
take a while for someone to get familiar enough with it to fix things, and
I wasn't sure if this would be more hassle than it's worth. The Rails stuff
itself is simple enough but setting someone up so they can deploy via Chef
to EC2 instances etc is fiddly.

That aside though, possibly I can cover you when you go away as my time is
fairly flexible.