[LRUG] [JOBS] Come and work for us, we're great

Henry Garner henry.garner at mac.com
Wed Feb 22 01:33:46 PST 2012

Hi all,

I wanted to follow up on last night's job announcement for anyone who didn't get a chance to approach me in the pub afterwards.

I'm the CTO of s company that runs accounts such as @LDN (Twitter) and Handpicked London (Facebook) [1]. We've got several prestigious customers (The Prime Minister's Office, Ebuzzing and Coca-Cola to new a few), and we take on their agency-type work in order to learn valuable lessons for the scaleable products we're building behind the scenes.

We have a bare metal HBase cluster to play with, billions of data points to explore, and a fun technology stack consisting of Ruby, Scala and Erlang. We're 3 developers, 3 community managers and 2 data analysts currently, but we could do with more help to ease the load. We would appreciate a hand building out our internal web services and client-facing web apps in the ruby ecosystem, but no particular prior experience is mandated. We're agile with a small 'a', and like TDD, pairing, fortnightly hack-days, and office helicopter battles.

If you think we sound like people you could enjoy being around and could move within the next 4 months, I'd love to talk with you further. We also run a weekly Coursera/Udacity study group at our base in Shoreditch so if you want to get a feel for us, you'd be very welcome to come along. [2]

Thanks for your time,
Henry

[1] http://on.fb.me/handpicker
[2] http://bit.ly/cs-studygroup