[LRUG] Data Analyst / Rubyist now looking for work

Praveen Gupta guptapraveen at live.com
Wed Feb 22 06:54:20 PST 2012

Hi Guys,

I'm new to LRUG and yes this is my first posting so please be gentle! I'm making a move over to the world of Ruby on Rails and have a background as a data analyst, having worked on algorithm building for as long as I can remember. I have worked with start-ups and consulting firms alike too including Groupon, SGS, Infosys and Shopitize amongst others.

I particularly focus on developing algorithms, performing statistical analysis, building predictive models and creating dashboards to track headline outputs. Some of the tools I work with include SPSS, SQL, Minitab and @Risk.

As I mentioned I'm making a switch over to Ruby on Rails, and would like to put myself forward as an immediate gun for hire as I sharpen my Ruby skills. I would like a role with a focus on analytics for the present time too so I can be most effective and hit the ground running. Being based in London, I can start any work tomorrow and meet today, so if there are any projects going please let me know.

Thanks for reading!

Praveen Gupta