[LRUG] Outsourcing

Rob Anderson rob.anderson at paymentcardsolutions.co.uk
Thu Jan 5 01:51:46 PST 2012

Hello LRUG

We've been trying to recruit for a permanent Rails position for a while now, and it isn't going well.  Judging from the number of job posts on this board, we're not alone in this.

So, very reluctantly, I'm considering outsourcing the role, probably to India.  Does anyone have any experience with this / advice to offer?

Our constraints:

- we're a financial services company, so trust is a big issue
- we have a large and expanding code base, so there is an upfront investment in time before anyone can really contribute properly.  So we're looking for a long term relationship.

I'll be at the LRUG meeting on Monday - look forward to seeing you all there.

Rob

PS We've taken a long hard look at the recruitment agency route, and it's not for us.  So please, don't contact me if you are recruiter.  Thanks!