[LRUG] Job Emails

Stevie Graham stevie at twilio.com
Wed Jan 18 08:30:31 PST 2012

I have thought a lot about this lately and I'm glad it has come up for
discussion. I feel quite conflicted about it.

It irks me a tiny bit when people don't get involved in the list except to
post jobs, so I guess a "[JOB]" tag would be useful there to silence that
noise.

However, I wouldn't want job postings from regular list contributors being
filtered out from my inbox. For those that contribute to the vitality of
this community, the least I can do is read their job posting even if I'm
not interested in it myself. I might know someone who might be, and if I
can help I will.

It pisses me off quite a lot when recruiters post to the list. In general
that shit should be banned, although I do appreciate Steve Buckley's
participation in HN and his efforts to know what he's talking about. It's
hard for recruiters like Steve that are prima facie conscientious as there
are so many dick bag recruiters out there spoiling it. I'm don't think
recruiter job postings are appropriate for the list although personally I'm
not incensed when someone like Steve does it.

My 2¢