[LRUG] [JOBS] Wildfire Interactive - Come work in our brand new London office!

James Tucker james.tucker at wildfireapp.com
Fri Jan 20 10:24:53 PST 2012

Wildfire is opening a London development office!

I'm sorry that this mail is quite long, we wanted to provide as much
detail as possible
in line with the posting guidelines. If you want to get to the meat of
what we're hiring
for, you'll find that near the bottom under "our new roles". I really
appreciate any
time you spend reading through the opportunities, applying and/or passing on
referrals, so thank you in advance.

Our background:

Wildfire App (http://www.wildfireapp.com) is a social-marketing platform that
powers more than 100,000 campaigns from some of the world's biggest brands.
Wildfire is one of the fastest growing companies I've ever seen or been involved
with. Since I started myself just over a year ago, the company has grown 5x. The
energy and excitement this kind of growth carries is something very special.

The success of our product has been recognised by our growing client base, as
well as established institutions. Wildfire is a 2x winner of the Facebook Fund
and a TechCrunch Crunchies Award nominee and was named one of the 250 best
private companies in the world by 2010 AlwaysOn Global 250. Wildfire is one of
the fastest growing SaaS companies globally, and has been fully functional and
in profit for many years now, making this opportunity both stable and extremely
exciting.

Wildfire has also named by the San Francisco Business Times as one of the
best places to work in the Bay Area, and we're transporting that atmosphere to
our new London office in Covent Garden.

I'm the Director of Engineering here at Wildfire, and you may also have seen me
around on Github under my username "raggi". Wildfire is very invested in Open
Source, utilizing Rails, Sinatra, MySQL, Redis, Cassandra, MongoDB and many
other technologies. I'm currently the maintainer of Rack, and I also do a lot of
work on EventMachine and have been a committer to RubyGems and many other
projects in the ruby space. Many others of our development staff have commits in
Rails and other ruby projects. We also work with various external contractors,
and our contractors also include some big names in the community. You can see
 our in-house and third party developers up on our Github profile:
https://github.com/wildfireapp. Suffice to say, you'll be working with and
complimenting top class rubyists and rails developers.

The new London team is being lead by Steven Shingler, who has been working with
Rails since 2006 and has lots of experience leading teams of happy developers!

We plan for the London team to have regular trips to Redwood City (in
California) for pairing and hack weeks, so it'll be a great opportunity to work
with interesting technologies and great developers. Other technologies we use
include RSpec, Coffeescript, Capybara, EventMachine and many other libraries.
We use Github and pull requests extensively to manage our code and high quality
scrum process.

We're looking to build a balanced team, so we'd love to hear from you if you
have more than a year's experience - right up to n years' experience. If you've
worked on a lot of codebases in different languages but have recently got into
Rails, that would be interesting too. We're offering very competitive salaries,
commensurate with experience. We also have a conference benefit, and as
mentioned, we'll be wanting to have you out in California to know and experience
the team and company culture out here. We're looking for passionate talented
people with strong engineering and cultural values to build out the same awesome
atmosphere in the UK as we have in our California offices.

Our newly available roles:

Over the next year, we're looking to duplicate what we consider to be
a highly effective
ratio for SCRUM teams. This opens up quite a few different positions, and we're
looking for both candidates and referrals:

 * Senior Ruby Developers
 * Principle Ruby Developers
 * Senior QA Engineers
 * Scrum Masters

Over the next quarter particularly, we're starting out by building the
first development
team. The first development team will comprise largely of developers,
working with
SCRUM Product Owners moving over from our California offices. The team(s) will
work closely with our California office on core Wildfire products and
cross platform
service integrations.

Thank you for your time and any assistance you can give us in filling out these
opportunities! We really appreciate it when the community can assist
us with recruiting
as it's such a challenging market out there right now!

Our contact details:

If you would like more information on our company, you can find quite
a lot of details
on our website and blog (http://wildfireapp.com). You can also find
various articles on
TechCrunch and other startup and tech news reporting sites!

Our recruiting team will be heading up the hiring process, so we'd love to have
candidates send their CVs, GitHub usernames, etc. through to Kelly Faber at
kelly.faber at wildfireapp.com. You can also apply separately through our
online job
postings at: https://www.jobscore.com/jobs/wildfireapp/.

If you have technical questions or engineering/development related
questions about
Wildfire or our processes and technologies, then feel free to also
email me directly!

Thanks again for your attention!

James Tucker