[LRUG] February meeting registration

Paul Robinson paul at 32moves.com
Tue Jan 31 07:17:35 PST 2012

On 30 Jan 2012, at 16:41, Murray Steele wrote:

> You can register with our hosts Skills Matter here: http://skillsmatter.com/event-details/home/lrug-lightning-talks-2012/js-3484

I've registered, but now just realised it clashes with this year's Turing lecture:

http://conferences.theiet.org/turing/

When in Manchester, this is a major enough event that all the user groups and geek-like events clear space for it. Clearly not the case in London! To be fair, last year it was Don Knuth speaking (and I've seen Grady Booch talk in previous years), whereas this year it's a little more low-key. It is the centenary of Turing's birth this year though, so I'm going to pop along to this. He was a bloody clever chap, and all of us owe our careers to him to some extent...

I just thought I'd offer up some competition :-) and I hope to meet you all (finally) in March.

Paul