[LRUG] February is a short month, so we have short talks

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Mon Jan 9 04:31:18 PST 2012

Hey all,

Our February meeting will be on Monday the 13th.  I'm taking the bold step
of talking to you about it before the January meeting because, as is now
traditional, we'll do lightning talks for the Feb meeting.  For these
meetings we usually have between 7 and 9 speakers, so I want to get a head
start on collecting "volunteers" to fill the slots.

If you haven't been to one of our February meetings before let me explain
the format we use.  We use the 20x20 format where each speaker is allowed
20 slides that must auto-tranisition after 20 seconds giving them 6 minutes
and 40 seconds in which to get their point across.  You can see some
examples by looking at the videos from last year (
http://lanyrd.com/2011/lrug-feb-2011/video/).

I'll announce this at the start of tonight's meeting, but I wanted to give
everyone some warning (as if you didn't already expect it) so that in the
pub when my first words to you are "Hey you should do a lightning talk in
February." instead of "Hello! Why yes I would like a pint, how kind!",
you've had some time to think about what you'll talk about ;)

Cheers,

Muz