[LRUG] Job Emails

Paul Robinson paul at 32moves.com
Wed Jan 18 05:21:29 PST 2012

On 18 Jan 2012, at 13:11, Max Williams wrote:

> i'd suggest an additional [JOBS] tag for the subject (with threats of banning for repeat offenders who don't use it), then anyone can filter the job ads out if they don't want to see them.  An additional email address seems like overcomplicating things.

I've observed the [Jobs] tag idea in the past when posting, and think it's the best way forward. 10 seconds to filter them out as junk if you hate them.

I will likely be hiring again later in the summer, and may even use recruitment agencies, but I'll state now I'll refuse to do business with any recruiter who posts here if the community wants to keep those masses from the list. If those of us in the position to do so agree to that and make it clear to recruiters when we use them, we can police it pretty well and keep it to community-members only posting ads and then tagging the subject accordingly.

Paul