[LRUG] Job Emails

Kevin Monk kevin at mangoswiss.com
Wed Jan 18 07:13:11 PST 2012

This discussion about job posting spam is getting a little spammy - much more so than the job ads.

+ 1 jobs tag
-1 Banning recruiters - Adam Smith's division of labour and all that seems to suggest that recruiters serve a useful purpose. I, for one, don't want to keep a black book of everyone's career aspirations, experience and availability.

I successfully recruited an excellent contractor for my company after posting on here.

On 18 Jan 2012, at 14:12, Roland Swingler wrote:

> Same +1's here.
>
> A jobs tag makes it easier to find those posts as much as filter them out.
>
> I also support naming the company - it will help prevent a deluge of
> recruiter spam, and I suspect most people on this list care very much
> about the specific environment they will be working in, which is
> effectively impossible to determine if you don't know who the company
> is.
>
> Roland
>
> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 2:09 PM, Chris Parsons <chris.p at rsons.org> wrote:
>> +1 to [JOBS]
>> +1 for recruiters to have to name the company they're recruiting for.
>>
>> Chris
>>
>> On 18 Jan 2012, at 13:31, Jon Wood wrote:
>>
>> Personally I think that's a bit sweeping, but it should be a requirement to
>> mention the company you're recruiting for. I have no interest in ads for "a
>> startup using Ruby".
>>
>> On 18 Jan 2012, at 13:20, David Salgado <david at digitalronin.com> wrote:
>>
>> On 18 January 2012 13:15, Adam Carlile <adam at benchmedia.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> I don't mind people in the community posting direct
>>
>> vacancies for the talented people of el' rug, but I dislike recruitment
>>
>> agents using it as a tool…
>>

>> Absolutely. I'd go further and just say let's ban recruiters as soon
>>
>> as they're detected.
>>

>> David

>> --
>> Chris Parsons