[LRUG] February meeting registration

Chris Parsons chris.p at rsons.org
Tue Jan 31 23:05:49 PST 2012

Also, a gentle reminder that I'm still waiting for talk suggestions for the annual crowd sourced lightening talk.

We've only had the one suggestion so far, a discussion of whether or not Ruby is a good language to write games in: chatting to Murray, I think that's too big a topic for a short lightening talk, and it's rather specific to my experience: the talk is supposed to be speaker-agnostic. I'll perhaps talk about that later in the year if there's interest.

So, more suggestions please! Fail to provide me with a topic, and I'll be regaling you with stories of the social and mating habits of east African Baboons for six minutes. You have been warned.

Chris

On 30 Jan 2012, at 16:41, Murray Steele wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> You can register with our hosts Skills Matter here: http://skillsmatter.com/event-details/home/lrug-lightning-talks-2012/js-3484
>
> There are 5 confirmed speakers and 4 I'm waiting to hear back from, so we should have a full evening ahead of us.  What fun!
>
> There's more detail all the speakers (confirmed and tentative) here: http://lrug.org/meetings/2012/01/24/february-2012-meeting
>
> There's also the lanyrd page, if you want online bragging rights: http://lanyrd.com/2012/lrug-february/
>
> Finally, remember it's on Tuesday the 21st this time, not Monday the 13th. Normal service will be resumed in March (Monday 12th)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Muz

Chris Parsons
chris.p at rsons.org