[LRUG] Dedicated servers in the UK?

John Arundel john at bitfieldconsulting.com
Mon Jul 2 05:38:24 PDT 2012

On 2 Jul 2012, at 06:52, J. Pablo Fernández wrote:

> Hello everybody,
>
> Does anybody have a recommendation on dedicated servers in the UK?

I've experience with the following, in order of preference:

* Linode
* Bytemark
* Coreix
* Brightbox
* Peer1
* Redstation
* EveryCity

Not recommended:
* DediPower
* 1and1
* Mythic Beasts
* Rackspace

Really there's no need to look further than Linode, unless you specifically need physical servers for some reason (and I'd be interested to know the reason). I use them myself, and recommend them to all my clients. I've no affiliation; I just think the prices are good, the management facilities are excellent, and the reliability is the best of any hosting provider I've worked with - including some that I've worked *for*.

Regards,
John
--
Bitfield Consulting: we make software that makes things work
http://bitfieldconsulting.com/