[LRUG] Dedicated servers in the UK?

John Arundel john at bitfieldconsulting.com
Tue Jul 3 07:09:43 PDT 2012

On 3 Jul 2012, at 13:22, Lee Henson wrote:
> Compared to building and installing a web server|database|whatever you
> are using the server for|etc, is adding
>
> PermitRootLogin no
> PasswordAuthentication no
> AllowUsers <some users>
>
> to the ssh config file really "yet more steps which can fail and jam
> the build process."?

Fair point. Like I say, it's not something you can't work around. I just wonder why no-one at Rackspace has said, "Hey guys, did you know our system actually requires customers to make their servers *less* secure? What's with that?"

Regards,
John
--
Bitfield Consulting: we make software that makes things work
http://bitfieldconsulting.com/