[LRUG] [JOBS] Ruby developer for new startup

Matthew Rudy Jacobs matthewrudyjacobs at gmail.com
Wed Jul 11 01:11:03 PDT 2012

On 11 July 2012 15:45, Alan Buxton <alanbuxton at gmail.com> wrote:

>  if your equity stake percentage starts with a decimal point then it ain't
> going to be life changing, given the amount of time you well have to work
> for it.

I think a big exit is too unlikely to think in terms of "expected payoff".
I think of equity more as having a stake in the product you spend all your
time creating.

If that 2.5% of £40 million over 5 years ends up coming my way, then that's
cool.
I can buy my parents house so my dad can retire.

In a similar way, I think having the odd random gamble is also of value,
Add some randomness to your life.