[LRUG] Dedicated servers in the UK?

Riccardo Tacconi rtacconi at gmail.com
Mon Jul 2 02:10:09 PDT 2012

Kimsurfi have only one HD. OVH has two HDs and is oriented for more pro
users. You can have UK IPs but servers are hosted on France (they are
opening in Canada too). They have the cheapest offering and they are not so
bed, but I think they are better if you build a load-balanced
infrastructure, because if something goes wrong, they are not so fast so
you should rely more on yourself. Bandwidth is unmetered but with a fair
usage policy, they are an unlimited unlimited offering too but it is more
expensive.

On 2 July 2012 10:35, <richard at ur-ban.com> wrote:

> From what I gather the Kimsufi servers are just single HD machines. I
> could be wrong, but haven't been able to find anything that suggests
> otherwise. It's a good machine for the price, but I only use it for
> personal stuff. The OVH offerings are RAIDed though.
>

> Richard
>
> @Hates_

Riccardo Tacconi
Ruby on Rails and PHP development - System Administration
VIRTUELOGIC LIMITED

http://github.com/rtacconi
http://riccardotacconi.blogspot.com
http://twitter.com/rtacconi