[LRUG] [JOBS] Backend Engineers at Geckoboard

Rob Hudson rob at geckoboard.com
Fri Jun 1 06:26:04 PDT 2012

Hi LRUG,

Time for another job post!

Geckoboard is an online status board for your business, making it easy to
pull and visualise data from other hosted products (e.g. Google Analytics
or Salesforce) or your own internal data.  We're a funded startup that is
experiencing high growth and has an impressive list of customers such
Groupon, Pinterest, Khan Academy, Path and BarackObama.com.

We are currently a team of three (all of us are technical) so you would
have a change to make your mark from the start. Our culture is very much
"work in the way you're most effective" so we won't be interrupting you and
are happy for you to work from home occasionally.

Right now we're looking for two Ruby Engineers to join our team. You can
view the job spec here: http://jobs.geckoboard.com/#engineer1

### What we're currently working on

* Switching to a service-oriented architecture internally. We're isolating
common functionality within (private) gems (and using bundler to manage
this). This approach is very open-source friendly as non-geckoboard
specific gems can easily be open-sourced.
* Asynchronous API responses with eventmachine
* Switching to Backbone.js for the frontend
* Dabbling with server side javascript (inside V8)

### Technologies we use

* Ruby
* Sinatra
* EventMachine