[LRUG] [JOBS] Developer Available

John Plummer john at memphis.co.uk
Mon Jun 11 05:07:18 PDT 2012

Hi LRUG,
I will shortly be available for work and am happy to look at contracting or something more permanent.
I have been programming professionally since the mid nineties. I have worked as developer, architect, and CTO at various times as well as founding, running, and selling my own companies.
Most of my work has been on the Microsoft 'stack'  VB, CSharp, SQL Server etc although I have played with Java, C++, Objective C, Pascal (Delphi), and even Cobol.
>From 2001 to 2009 I was a developer and solution architect in the life and pensions industry, responsible for the messaging infrastructure for a small company that was eventually bought by Capita, and driving out new industry standards.
I have been developing in Ruby for around a year, most recently (re)creating http://rocketsports.co.uk/.
Github - https://github.com/JohnPlummer, blog - http://www.johnplummer.com/, SO - http://stackoverflow.com/users/558554/john-plummer. Not much activity on any of those urls I'm afraid but happy to show a private repo if anyone wants to see something recent. The only open source contribution I have made was a small one to Devise to allow username login to work correctly.

I'll be at the meet up tonight if anyone wants to chat.

John Plummer

07970 293159