[LRUG] [JOBS]-ish Is anyone in need of a contractor in the near future?

Tim Cowlishaw tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk
Mon Jun 25 02:28:10 PDT 2012

Hi there all,

My current contract is provisionally coming to an end at the end of
August, and while it's still a little way off, I thought I'd test the
waters to see who out there might be in need of some development help
in the fairly-near future.

I'm a (Ruby|Scala|Erlang|Haskell) programmer who practices (T|D|B)DD
and is passionate about writing clean, well-architected code, and I'd
be really keen to hear from anyone with an interesting project you
might like me to work on. I've recently been working for MSP
(http://mediasp.com) helping out with some tricky problems to do with
reporting music usage to rightsholders, and before that was at Likely
(http://likely.co) building social media analytics systems. If you're
working on anything involving large datasets, machine learning,
functional programming or general mathematical wonkery, I'd be
particularly keen to talk to you!

My github profile is at http://github.com/timcowlishaw and my linkedin
page (in lieu of a CV) is at
http://www.linkedin.com/profile/view?id=9854682 I also have a very
sporadically updated blog at http://timcowlishaw.co.uk

If you're not a a recruiter, are looking for a contractor and are
interested in any of the above, please do get in touch!

Thanks,

Tim