[LRUG] talk idea

Murray Steele murray.steele at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 03:49:20 PDT 2012

On 14 June 2012 11:34, David Nolan <dave at textgoeshere.org.uk> wrote:

> Are there any slots free soon?

Not for the July meeting (just waiting for blurbs before I publish it) -
but that doesn't mean we couldn't hear from you at the August meeting if
there's some interest.

I've got this idea about nil. Well, it's not about nil. It's about central
> heating, and going bald, Andean tribes, a stained-glass window,
> superconducting quantum computers and wooden computers, and
> Jainism. Aristotle is in there, 1965 crops up, and anyone who says
> 'Sapir-Whorf' loses.
>
> I guess it's about true, false, and stuff that's neither.
>
> There'll be some Ruby but I don't think there's any danger of it being
> useful in your day job, unless your code runs on vintage 1958
> processors from Kazan.

Without asking for spoilers, can you elaborate on what this talk would
actually be about? What's the central thesis?

If there's some interest, I'll get on it.