[LRUG] Gem to start required services

Rory Franklin rory at chillibean.tv
Wed Jun 13 05:54:44 PDT 2012

I could be entirely making this up, but is there a gem that you can define in a file within your app all the dependencies/services that the app requires to run and you can run that to boot things up/warn that they aren't running?

Say I have an app that requires another application to be running (service app) as well as a bunch of Resque workers, is there a way to start them all up in one go if they are not already running?

I know that the above is probably terribly vague and confused, but hopefully someone knows what I mean and I'm not imagining that such a tool already exists. If not, I guess some form of shell script would be able to do the same?

Thanks,
Rory