[LRUG] Gem to start required services

James Adam james at lazyatom.com
Wed Jun 13 09:59:49 PDT 2012

I could be wrong, but I believe that foreman and bluepill do slightly different things, so a versus comparison might be misleading.

Foreman is a mechanism for declaring *what* processes your application uses, has a handy development mechanism for running them but mainly exports those process definitions into files that upstart & alternatives can use.

Bluepill is more about *controlling* running processes, monitoring them as starting and stopping them.

I believe that foreman can actually export files for use by bluepill.

- James