[LRUG] Announcing the London Ember.js User Group - Our first meetup!

Alex Heaton alex at heaton.me
Fri Jun 15 09:10:12 PDT 2012

Hi Boys and Girls,

Hopefully by now a few of you will have dipped your toes into the cool
waters of Ember.js (Or, given that it hasn't hit 1.0 yet, the frothy
churning waters of Ember.js)

Maybe you've only recently heard about this mysterious project from Yehuda
Katz, Tom Dale, Peter Wagenet (among others).

Some say it lets you work faster than with Backbone. Some say it aims to be
very easy to integrate into Rails.
Sound alluring, no?

Well, we at Enthuse think it has a lot of promise and we're using it to
build our product. Unfortunately there aren't many of us Ember devs in
London, and so we've started the Ember user group; we're holding our first
meetup on the 4th of July.

http://www.meetup.com/London-Emberjs-User-Group/events/69298142/

Come join us for a beer and see the cool things people are building with
Ember. (There'll even be a bottle of my soon-to-be-infamous homebrew going
around).

Alex

(And I'm sorry for the Javascript post in the Ruby mailing list, but I
figured a lot of you might be interested in this!)