[LRUG] [JOB-ish] Contractors Wanted

Andrew France andrew at avito.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 05:55:01 PDT 2012

On 20/03/2012 12:03, Tim Cowlishaw wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 11:47 AM, Sidu Ponnappa<ckponnappa at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> I'd be interested in this list of contractors once you've compiled it
>> for precisely the same reasons - we're often turning down a bunch of
>> work because we're sold out that we'd be happy to pass on to other
>> firms/individuals who take their engineering/design seriously.
> Likewise - I have a couple of clients who are often asking if I know
> anyone else who could take on work that I can't  - perhaps it might be
> worth building a little LRUG contractors database that people can add
> their details to for this purpose? I'd be happy to hack something
> together if there's enough interest (and Muz agrees).

As a contractor I would be really interested in this and could help out.

It shouldn't be complicated but to maintain value perhaps some
restrictions should be made on who can be listed?
Some ideas:
* You must be in the UK or;
* You must attend LRUG meetings to get the code (someone suggested this
for a jobs board), or;
* It operates by invite-only.

A tiny Rails app running on Heroku CNAME'd to freelance.lrug.org?

Andrew