[LRUG] [JOB-ish] Contractors Wanted

Tim Cowlishaw tim at timcowlishaw.co.uk
Tue Mar 20 06:28:54 PDT 2012

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 1:11 PM, Murray Steele <murray.steele at gmail.com> wrote:

> Pretty sure all of that is do-able if someone steps up to build and admin
> it.

I'm happy to do this! I'll set up a Git repo and heroku account this
evening, and will happily add anyone who wants to help to the repo,
Possibly also a Pivotal account or similar so we can plan features
without cluttering the mailing list (as I'm about to do... ha.).

> On 20 March 2012 12:55, Andrew France <andrew at avito.co.uk> wrote:

> It shouldn't be complicated but to maintain value perhaps some
> restrictions should be made on who can be listed?
> Some ideas:
> * You must be in the UK or;
> * You must attend LRUG meetings to get the code (someone suggested this
> for a jobs board), or;
> * It operates by invite-only.

Hmm - all of these seem a little restrictive, but I agree that we
should probably restrict membership to the 'LRUG community' in some
sense. Perhaps anyone could sign up but we could have a system where
other members can vouch for a contractor, or give him or her a
reference of some sort?

Thanks!

Tim