[LRUG] Experiences using RailsAdmin vs ActiveAdmin

Tom Blomfield tom at gocardless.com
Tue Mar 20 10:13:34 PDT 2012

We use ActiveAdmin, and it's sort of ok for basic stuff.

But...
- it craps all over MVC separation
- it's not easily extensible
- it can make your site run very slowly in development (although there are fixes for this)
- it leads to lots of annoying conflicts with stuff like namespaced class definitions and STI where the sub-classes aren't present in the database.

I'd really like to see a more "native" rails admin tool.

--
Tom Blomfield
+44 7767 484619

gocardless.com