[LRUG] Fwd: Ruby Opportunities at Wildfire/New UK Dev Office in London!

Anthony Green anthony.green at bbc.co.uk
Wed Mar 21 23:26:14 PDT 2012

For those who like this kind of thing:

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: 	Ruby Opportunities at Wildfire/New UK Dev Office in London!
Date: 	Wed, 21 Mar 2012 13:56:05 -0700
From: 	Ruthie Macdonald <ruthie.macdonald at wildfireapp.com>
To: 	anthony.green at bbc.co.uk

Anthony,

I am a technical recruiter at Wildfire (www.wildfireapp.com
<http://www.wildfireapp.com>); a rapidly growing, VC funded tech start
up positioned squarely on top of the social media marketing revolution.
   In collaboration with our VP of Engineering, we have narrowed in on
the type of candidates we are looking to fill our Ruby developer
positions.  We wanted to know if you were in the market or would be open
to having a discussion with our team about our open roles, our company,
and where you could be a fit.  If you are not looking, no pressure.  We
were impressed by your profiles and contributions and would be
interested if you are.

I have included some information on our company and role for you to look
at.  Profitable since our product launch in Fall 2009, our technology
allows companies of all sizes to create interactive social media
advertising campaigns and publish them across various social media
platforms.  We are looking for talented, full-stack engineers to help
evolve the existing app, build new apps from scratch, and take overall
architecture to the next level.  The core technology stack consists of
Ruby on Rails, and we are using other technologies such as Sinatra,
EventMachine, Cassandra, Redis, and Chef.

Check out our team - https://github.com/wildfireapp.

We are growing our engineering team as there are still many exciting and
challenging problems we can’t wait to jump into.  We were recently named
one of the top 250 private companies to work for in the world by Always
On, and we're a 2X winner of the Facebook Fund.  We serve tens of
thousands of companies including major brands such as Pepsi, Fox,
Electronic Arts, the NFL, Toyota and American Express.  Here are a few
links to articles highlighting our success:

http://gigaom.com/2011/06/21/wildfire-interactive/
http://techcrunch.com/2011/06/21/wildfire-gets-a-major-upgrade-launches-facebook-page-builder-analytics-and-more/

Please let me know if you would be interested in exploring the
opportunity, and feel free and reach out with any questions.

Thanks,

Ruthie

--
Ruthie Macdonald