[LRUG] 3 fun months in Amsterdam as a lead engineer [JOB]

oddieis at gmail.com oddieis at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 07:59:11 PDT 2012

*The short version: *
Engineers wanted for Hazardous Journey. Small wages, bitter cold, long
months of complete darkness, constant danger, safe return doubtful. Honour
and recognition in case of success.

*The long version:*
This is not *really* a job post, so much as it is a blatant offer from a
scrappy startup of 3 killer months in Amsterdam and a great job afterwards.

Who are we: We are a **location analytics startup**. We make it easy for
brick and mortar stores to understand the foot traffic patterns of their
customers, essentially creating the Google Analytics for the physical world
via a SAAS dashboard + sensors.

What's the latest news: We just won entry into **Startup Bootcamp Amsterdam*
*! This means we will be going into the accelerator program (as part of a
class of 10 out of 400 startups who competed to get in), working and
playing hard for 3 months and then will be pitching at the end to a room
full of 500 investors on demo day! It would look a little like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvbMJyo35zU

What's the opportunity: We have an open position for a **lead engineer**.
Think 2-3 years ruby experience. We're currently sitting on a stack
including rails and sinatra, github, & heroku. More detail available upon
inquiry.

What's the plan: How about a **free trip to Amsterdam**!  We'd like you to
be able to join us in Amsterdam for 3 months starting the first week of
April. We offer* *free accommodation** whilst you're there too. We will be
working alongside the **other 9 winning teams** taking part so it will be
very sociable and damn good fun too. After the 3 months are up, we'll
relocate back to London where we will continue on our mission to digitise
the real world.

What's on offer: The opportunity to work with a hot startup at one of the
most exciting times of its life and a genuine chance to work on solving a
really big problem for the world - customers are biting our hands off
already asking for our solution. You will be paid a *salary* - it wont be
the highest salary money wise at day 1 to be honest, but we will make up
for it in the* amazing environment we have to work in, plus a great equity
package too. *

Any perks? Yes we offer a *travel allowance* on top of the salary, the
opportunity to build relationships with some of the *smartest guys* in the
European startup game, *free muffins** (we can't guarantee whether they
will be Amsterdam's **special** muffins or normal ones) and fun. Lots of
it.

Get in touch if you want to join us on the adventure.

Odera