[LRUG] [OT?] Security advice, Prey and catching burglars... 'The Ruby Way'

Michael Pavling pavling at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 04:04:24 PDT 2012

On 30 March 2012 11:54, Kevin Monk <kevin at mangoswiss.com> wrote:
> I have my two computers back and the priceless picture of a man in handcuffs
> looking forlorn in front of my computer.

POIDH ;-)

> Install Prey (It's free)

My biggest issue with Prey (and it's competitors) is the paranoia that
while I can use it to find out what's going on on my stolen laptop and
catch their Facebook logins, etc, the Prey guys might do the same
thing to me while I'm using it normally... Can it be built from source
to report to your own server rather than theirs?

Otherwise, a nice, happy ending to hear about on a slow Friday. Well
done for getting your kit back.