[LRUG] DCI with Rails and how to not think

Mark Burns markthedeveloper at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:12:24 PDT 2012

Hello LRUG

I've just written a post about my initial thoughts on using DCI with Rails.
We've just finished a two week sprint at shutl <http://shutl.co.uk> on a
new project and decided to give the principles of
DCI a go.
It's a concept that seemed intuitively to make sense to me, but there's not
a great deal written on the
topic yet, so I thought I'd put together some of my thoughts after having a
positive experience with
it so far.

http://blog.polyglotsoftware.co.uk/2012/03/30/dci-and-rails-a-first-sprint-retrospective/

Anyway, would appreciate any thoughts or if anyone on the list has been
trying to drink the kool-aid
too. If you've got any comments/criticisms, warnings or general thoughts,
then I thought I'd ask here
as everyone's input here might be able to help make our next sprint even
easier. And if by sharing
this it helps anyone out then I'd be happy about that too.

Cheers,

Mark