[LRUG] [OT?] online invoicing

gareth rushgrove gareth.rushgrove at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 10:33:29 PST 2012

On 4 March 2012 16:54, Viktor Tron <viktor.tron at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> can people recommend an online invoicing solution (for home businesses doing
> smallish gigs like myself and co.)
>
> I recall someone on the list even has a service, but cannot find it.
>
> any pros and cons for such services and in general advice on best practices
> in invoicing/accounting in uk is appreciated.

FreeAgent is excellent. But I did formerly work there so I'm
outrageously biased.

http://www.freeagent.com/

You can use it just for sending out invoices, but it's really a lot
more than that. It will help hugely when it comes to sorting tax out
and generally tracking business expenses and the like. Its sweet spot
is individual freelancers or small organisations - so could be exactly
what you're after. The support in particular is excellent.

And if Ruby community involvement sways you they sponsor the Scottish
Ruby Conference each year and Olly (CTO) occasionally crops up on this
list.