[LRUG] Surveys on Rails

Tom Taylor tom at tomtaylor.co.uk
Wed Mar 14 03:36:21 PDT 2012

On 14 Mar 2012, at 09:50, Kevin Monk wrote:

> We have a requirement for a user generated survey tool so that an administrator can construct a questionnaire with radio buttons, textfields, checkboxes etc.
>
> It feels like we're reinventing the wheel. This might be an unusual request but we'd be interested in purchasing existing code if anybody has some kicking about in a git repo getting dusty? or if you have any advice on how best to approach surveys in rails?

The GOV.UK folks built a system for building something similar, called Smart Answers. It's not quite surveys, but it sounds like it has similar components.

I wasn't involved in it, and haven't looked at the code, but one of them (Paul Battley, James Stewart?) might be able to fill you in.

https://github.com/alphagov/smart-answers

Cheers,

t.