[LRUG] Beginning Rails in 2012

Anthony Green anthony.green at bbc.co.uk
Thu Mar 15 23:50:15 PDT 2012

Sidu Ponnappa wrote:
> For TDD/BDD, your best bet would be to find someone that does it and
> pair program.

Defiantly BDD since it's predominately a Business Analyst skill and is
only indirectly related to automation, cucumber etc
Andrew Premdas on the Cucumber list is an excellent coach, he coached me
and is available for hire...

...and defiantly GOOS if you can find someone, and if you are that
someone we're hiring please come work for us :)

TDD
You can start with the XUnit stuff, Kent Beck has a short series of
screencasts available from Pragmatic Programmer.
...but IHMO it only scales so far
The London School of TDD aka GOOS goes further. It inherits it's ideas
from Smalltalk and responsibility-driven design. The RDD part is the bit
our developers seem to find difficult to grasp so the GOOS mailing list
recommended Object Design: Roles, Responsibilities, and Collaborations
by Rebecca Wirfs-Brock.

--

Anthony Green
Media Playout