[LRUG] Upgrading a Rails v2.1.2

gareth rushgrove gareth.rushgrove at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 07:18:36 PST 2012

On 5 March 2012 15:09, Sam Phillips <sam at samdanavia.com> wrote:
> Hi Chris,
>

> It's also possible to do the ruby 1.9 upgrade separately - as later
> versions of 2.3 will run under ruby 1.9, and rails 3 will run under
> 1.8.7.

I have some experience of this and one thing we found (also on a large
application) was that the active record performance on 1.8.7
(specifically REE) and Rails 3 was unacceptable. We basically got
forced into the 1.9 upgrade.

This might have been app specific, but I'd make sure you have a good
idea of before and after performance before shipping anything.

Gareth