[LRUG] Ruby Opportunities at Wildfire/New UK Dev Office in London!

Damon Allen Davison damon at allolex.net
Thu Mar 22 07:37:52 PDT 2012

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 1:41 PM, Steven Shingler <shingler at gmail.com> wrote:

>  I generally don't get involved with the recruiter flaming on here, but I
> feel I should add some clarity on this one.

I can't say I blame you for not wanting to fan any flames.

I'm certain that many people understand that form mail-outs like yours are
the only way to cast the net wide enough to recruit new developers. I'm
also certain that many understand that there is some quid pro quo involved.
As someone looking to hire a developer, you do some research, compile a
list of potential matches and then send out some email. As someone looking
for work, the developer sees whether you've targeted them correctly and
responds if they want a/the job. Otherwise, they just ignore your mail.

Well, most will ignore your mail.

--

Damon Allen Davison
Music industry technology, photographer and filmmaker, master of philology,