[LRUG] [JOB] 90 Seconds seeks Ruby on Rails Developer

Kieran P kieran776 at gmail.com
Sun May 13 16:31:43 PDT 2012

*90 Seconds seeks Ruby on Rails Developer*

[the following was cross-posted to various mailing lists in New Zealand and
the United Kingdom - sorry if you got it more than once]

90 Seconds is a video production company which started in New Zealand, and
has since expanded to Australia and the United Kingdom. You can view who we
are and what we do at http://90seconds.tv

90 Seconds have developed a customer and content management platform,
“Video as a Service”, internally known as “The VaaS”, to manage various
aspects of the business, including contact management, customer
interaction, and contractor workload.

The business continues to expand rapidly, and new features in the platform
are required at a faster pace. We are thus looking for another developer in
New Zealand or the United Kingdom to join the team to help increase the
rate new features are completed.

The platform uses the following tools/libraries, which you must be familiar
with:

   - Ruby on Rails framework (Ruby 1.9.3, Rails 3.0.10)
   - PostgreSQL Database (9.0.x) (raw SQL used in several places)
   - RSpec Testing Framework
   - Git and Github

The following experience is also wanted, but not required:

   - Familiarity with Xero and the Xero API
   - Basic SysOps abilities (restarting frozen app servers - rarely need to
   though)

We have very little delay in pushing new features to the production site
(usually within an hour after a feature is completed). Therefore, we want
to keep the application as stable as possible, so all work will be done in
feature branches, and peer reviewed by our lead developer before landing in
the master branch and being deployed.

Because the application scope changes often, sometimes midway through
development of a feature, Test Driven Development isn’t required. All we’re
looking for is at least a test for each working case to ensure we don’t
break it in some later change. If a bug pops up, write a failing test, then
fix.

Pay will be determined based on applicant's skill and the length of their
contract (full time, 3 month, 6 month or 12 month contract). These details
will be determined with you once we've assessed if you're the person we
want to come on board.

Interested or need more details? Please email
kieran at 90seconds.tv<https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?view=cm&fs=1&tf=1&to=kieran@90seconds.tv>and
title the email “90 Seconds Developer Position” or something similar.

Regards
Kieran Pilkington
Lead Developer - 90 Seconds