[LRUG] Help with getting Rubygems/Ruby to work in Twitter datamining

David Burrows david at designsuperbuild.com
Fri May 4 06:31:09 PDT 2012

Have a look at this section in the Rails tutorial  :
http://ruby.railstutorial.org/ruby-on-rails-tutorial-book#sec:rubygems

If you have any issues with that process then post back to this thread with
the specific error messages etc.

Next stop after that is the Twitter gem http://rdoc.info/gems/twitter which
is pretty easy to use, just make sure you understand how Twitter allows
access via OAuth, they have some good docs at
http://dev.twitter.com/including an overview of OAuth
https://dev.twitter.com/docs/auth/using-oauth

--
David Burrows